BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dreary Idaho Days

I am a lover of many things, snow being one of them. But, I admit the prospect of sandals and swim-trunks is more appealing today. The blowing flakes and overcast sky churn my insides. I can only wish it away. To make matters worse, Jordyn returned from the Caribbean a few shades bronzer. Surely her skin was embarrassed to be seen in public next to mine.


I forget the Sun, sometimes. It's been so long, I can't picture it in the sky. On a good day, the wind blows at no fewer than 20 mph, enough to make my windshield wipers whistle down Highway 20. After working-out Friday, I visited the toilet in the locker room. On the wall were the words, "I hate Idaho," pencilled into the mortar. Though my opinion of this state greatly differs from that of the "porcelain-seat vandal," I can't help but sympathize. 

So, on behalf of our defacing friend, I have chosen "Sailing Away" by Rob Blackledge as this week's installment on The Soundtrack. This song is four minutes and 23 seconds of sandy sunshine. Dear Vandal, may it get you through your dreary Idaho days.

Click here to Listen:
"Sailing Away" by Rob Blackledge

If you like this week's featured song, check out more Rob Blackledge on I-tunes.

0 comments: